Who’s part of LOTI?
LOTI is made up of a coalition of the GLA, London Councils and boroughs who want to work together to bring the best of digital, data and innovation to improve public services for Londoners. View our current list of members here.
That coalition is supported by a central team, based at London Councils, comprised of Eddie Copeland (Director), Genta Hajri (Programme Manager), Onyeka Onyekwelu (Strategic Engagement Manager) and Jay Sagger (Data Projects Manager). Find out more about the team here.
The Chief Information Officer, Chief Digital Officer or equivalent role from each borough acts as their main representative within LOTI. However, we actively work with colleagues from many different disciplines from our member organisations.
Why join LOTI?
While our work is designed to benefit all London local government, our core members drive our agenda. Where multiple boroughs face a similar challenge, we aim to solve it together as a community.
Membership of LOTI delivers value to boroughs in the following five ways:
- Creating Resources – we create dozens of resources, including toolkits, guides, frameworks and libraries of casestudies that solve a problem and make information easier to find and digest. We can offer bespoke support to our members to help them implement or act upon the resources we produce.
- Offering Products – we create, find or negotiate better prices on technology products that can enhance boroughs’ work.
- Managing Projects – we run or support projects that further boroughs’ collective knowledge and create new resources.
- Convening Networks – we host a number of LOTI-only networks that aim to increase peer support and knowledge sharing between boroughs.
- Running Campaigns – we speak and lobby on behalf of boroughs to influence others to do something or to help them.
Our founding members identified six principles that underpin our collective work:
- Push boundaries together – work together to take some risks and innovate.
- Focus on the user – relentlessly focus on Londoners as the beneficiaries of our work.
- Be a place for ‘doers’ – be and attract people who get stuff done.
- Inspire collaboration – encourage joint working at every level and across our organisations.
- Work in the open – be honest about our successes and failures and be committed to learning and improving.
- Don’t duplicate – build on existing networks and initiatives.
How we’re funded
Our core members fund our work through an annual subscription, which provides a joint budget to get things done. Borough members pay £30,000+VAT per year. Where a shared IT service representing two councils joins LOTI with just one main representative, the annual charge is £22,500+VAT for each council. The GLA and London Councils contribute £100,000 per year.
How to Join
Any London borough can become a core member of LOTI. To join, boroughs need to:
- Confirm in writing they agree to the terms of LOTI’s Membership Charter.
- Confirm they will pay the annual membership. Subscriptions are charged on 1 July by London Councils. Boroughs joining after this date will be charged pro-rata for their first year.
- Propose a member of their senior leadership team (e.g. CEO, CFO) to join LOTI’s advisory panel.
For a discussion about joining, please contact LOTI Director, Eddie Copeland.