LOTI, London Councils, the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Bloomberg Associates (BA) are working together to design and deliver a data tool that supports the strategic aims of London’s Life off the Streets Programme (LOTS). Their key aim is to help make rough sleeping rare, brief and non-recurrent in London.
Having completed an initial discovery, our intention is to create a tool that ingests and presents data in a way that enables strategic decision makers working on tackling rough sleeping in London to have deeper insights into the pathways into rough sleeping and the effectiveness of various interventions. Our aim is that these insights will enable new services to be designed and deployed to prevent rough sleepng.
The data to be used by the tool will be sourced from a number of systems currently operated by stakeholders in the rough sleeping ecosystem, including CHAIN, Inform, and data held in borough Homelessness Case Level Collection (H-CLIC) returns.
An MVP solution will be developed with a pilot group of four boroughs, Camden, Hillingdon, Lambeth and Westminster and their hostel providers.
- Measure success in making homelessness rare, brief, non-recurrent
- Learn what strategies work and inform public policy, service delivery and commissioning
- Improve understanding of the rough sleeping population (including the complexity of needs and how individuals move between different parts of the system
- Ensure the proper understanding, full utilization and linking of solutions and resources
- Ease and enhance the operation of services, reporting and performance management