LOTI has developed a range of communications tools to help you promote social tariffs to your staff, residents and the community groups within your boroughs.
- Broadband social tariffs are typically lower priced home internet packages for people who receive certain state benefits.
- Broadband social tariffs have some criteria and conditions that differ from standard broadband tariffs, including:
- Only for households or individuals receiving certain state benefits
- Available for use once sign-up is complete and as long as the user continues to qualify for it and the tariff is available
- Set in price during the contract period
- Free to install
- Usually no cancellation fees
- Ofcom’s table of social tariffs is the most up-to-date list of social tariffs available but these are subject to changing at short notice.
- Before choosing a social tariff, residents should consider which internet speed best suits their household size and what the internet will be used for
- If the resident/household prefers to use mobile data, they may be able to access cheaper mobile packages. More detailed information can be found in this table.
Suggested campaign resources